Wrong video in Alpha Curriculum section

So I noticed a couple of issues:

• The part 2 walkthrough on the hotel project has an editing mistake on the first 10~ seconds of video. Nothing major, but I thought I’d mention it.
  • The very same video is wrongly shown further ahead in the OOP -> Attr methods lecture. It should be fixed. The correct video is nowhere to be seen.

I hope this is the correct place to report these issues. I’ll post anything else I notice as I go through the course. The only major issue I’ve noticed so far is that the site is incredibly slow but what can you do…

I found another problem.

In the battleship project, one of the spec files requires “Player” instead of “player”, which causes an error when running rspec.

Hey @Ackman, this is a good place to post the issues, but we have a lot more activity on our slack channel! Feel free to log in and tag (Staff)Jeff or (Staff)Alvin with any bugs or issues :smiley:

Thanks for the tip. I joined the slack although it doesn’t seem too active either.

New issues I found:

• There’s a HTML related section in the Ruby->Recursion part of the course. I’m sure that’s a mistake and something else should be in its place. There’s actually a few HTML related parts spread throughout the Ruby course. But they’re not in an order/place that makes sense. This HAS to belong somewhere else, right??
  • In the enumerables & debugging section, the last bonus is to “complete” project Euler. I doubt the link was supposed to link to the main archive. I mean, which one of the hundreds of problems do you guys want me to solve?
  • Speaking of which, the first part of the Recursion section is the maze solver. I’m not sure if that is supposed to be there before we know how to apply recursion to it, or if it’s supposed to be a final challenge.
  • The solution linked in the first set of recursion exercises leads to a dead link.
  • The “More Recursion Questions” bonus has no … questions in it. Nothing to do, unless you take the solution and read the questions from there.

I reached out to Jeff, and he wanted me to share this google form for anything you might find. It’ll help him triage emergencies vs typos and everything in between. https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUkPFK7mkhRQ9dGfyewQa7gIlZW3RrSKTdn5Rp8nWEggP0jw/viewform