Setting Up the Environment Trouble

Hello there,

When running ~/.dotfiles/bin/install_dotfiles, I get this in return:

(erb):21:in ``’: No such file or directory - npm (Errno::ENOENT)
from (erb):21:in text' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:ineval’
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:in result' from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:43:intext’
from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:74:in compile_diff' from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:47:indiff’
from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:51:in changed?' from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:inselect’
from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:in main' from /Users/sarri/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:161:in

I’ve tried reinstalling Xcode and I’ve also tried going through the environment setup steps again. I also looked at my .bashrc and the .bash_profile to ensure it looks the same as app academy’s dotfiles repo. I feel like it may have something to do with the dotfiles requirements installation. It shows an error while executing gem as shown in the picture below. I’ve already tried the recommendations on the forum about this, and it is still doesn’t work.

How can I solve this issue and can I still continue the Alpha Course with this issue unresolved? I am available to talk about this tomorrow from 10am- 3pm via google hangouts. I would like to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance.
Sally

Google Hangout Invite Sent! Let’s crush these bugs!

I think I am having the same issue. Are you available anytime to help me with this as well? thanks in advance.
David

Hey David, as we have grown I am no longer available to help students over Google Hangouts. Are you still having issues installing Ruby? Check the answers related to the .bash_profile and .bashrc files and let me know.

Initially when I typed into the terminal ls -al those files were not there. After searching through the forum and trying some stuff, now they are. Just hope everything is in the right place.
thanks