Setting Up Code Environment: Can't Run Ruby on VS Code

Hi. I followed the instructions to set up the environment for Windows. But when I went to start solving the first problem, I was met with this:

PS C:\Users\mrbig\Downloads\advanced_methods_exercise> ruby 01_coprime.rb
ruby : The term ‘ruby’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was
included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• ruby 01_coprime.rb
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (ruby:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Please note that I really did follow the instructions in the setup to a T. I checked off the path option when downloading VS Code. I also tried downloading Ruby for Windows as well but that did nothing for me.

Is there anyway to even trouble shoot something like this? If I pay for the mentorship, would someone be able to walk me through this process again so that this stuff actually works? I’ve wasted two solid days trying to set up the environment now and I’m just getting super frustrated, lol.

I should note that ruby works fine on Atom. If all else fails, do you think I can do this bootcamp using Atom?

Thanks!