Problems with pressing submit/moving forward after already pushed up

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I have come across this issue twice now. I am not sure if it is just a lag but every time I have pushed up something to bitbucket I can’t seem to move forward on the App Academy online website. The first time I had a wait almost half an hour with refreshing my page to get the submit button to turn to next. Does it have a cycle that it will update that I have pushed up because I have now finished the work for rspec-1 but can’t move forward in the curriculum. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

-Mary

Hey Mary,

This is a great place to ask this question and I am sorry for any frustration this “lag” has caused. I have worked with many students and not experienced any long delays in submitting projects so for now I can only assume it has something to do with your internet connection. There is not a “cycle” so the submission should be fairly immediate.

That being said, many students have also provided feedback about the feature that does not allow you to move to the next task unless all previous tasks are completed. We will be removing this feature as soon as possible (I’m going to try to get to it today) so that you can continue with the curriculum even if the submission process is for some reason taking a long time.

I will also look into seeing if anything else may be causing this delay. Thank you for your feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for responding so quickly. The only thing I could think of was that I changed the name of the file when I cloned it on to my laptop. Would that make it not work? (I didn’t do that the first time around, just this time). Also I am not sure if it is worth noting that for a brief second I can see the next button when I refresh the page.

Thanks so much!

Mary

Hi Mary,

I believe changing the name of the project should not cause an issue if you are pointing to the same remote repository when you use the git push command. Were you able to get past the project after changing the name back? Let me know if you are still having issues moving forward with the Alpha course and we can setup a Google Hangout.

Thanks.