Problem with "has a 'form' element that is 600px when the window is wider than 600px"

Learning Challenge: HTML/CSS Assessment

Question: I keep getting this one wrong for some reason:

The questions you missed were:

has a ‘form’ element that is 600px when the window is wider than 600px

If you read this exactly as it’s written it means it wants the form element to have a width property of 600px. It says nothing about filling that width with the inputs. Is that what it wants me to do instead?

What is the automated system specifically looking for here? What am I missing?

What I’ve tried: Multiple iterations. I started first by using the fieldset which has the same effect but had to use form instead because of the question itself. That didn’t work either. What is the automated system’s specific criteria for this part?

Screen shots:

Unfortunately, it will only let me put one photo in the post.

css:
css image

Hi Matthew - welcome to the community!

This was a great question to ask. I was able to pull up your project and see that the functionality works as expected with your last submission, but didn’t pass the test.

The test is specifically looking for CSS that sets the form width to 600px. While you do have that, I think it is failing the test because it is inside a media query for larger screens, and so is not being detected outside of the media query.

I think that if you move your form width code outside of the min-width media query you should be all set. That would give you the default width for all screens, and then your max-width:599px media query would adjust the width for smaller screens.

Try it out, test it in the browser, and if it still behaves as expected, you should be all set.
Jesse

It didn’t work and now I have no chances left. I’ve submitted several iterations where they all worked functionally but the automated system rebuked them. Not sure how this is my fault :cry: