Not sure what I got wrong with GIT assessment

I submitted my project and got the response below. When I go through my git branches all of the files check out so I’m not sure what I did wrong. As you can see from the pic above all four branches do exist.

The questions you missed were:

’drawings’ branch

--- a/.gitignore+++ /dev/null@@ -1 +0,0 @@-.DS_Store

’master’ branch

’pictures’ branch

’together’ branch

```</strong>

Hi Matthew,
I pulled up your submission and took a look to confirm the diff.

You are correct that all four branches exist. However, this diff is telling us that the issue is related to the .gitignore file in each branch. The test is looking for the .gitignore file, and is not finding it in your branches. It is looking for the content .DS_Store in that file, and can’t find it.

In looking through your submission, I do see a .gitignore, but it is untracked. So, I believe you likely added the correct content to the .gitignore file, but did not stage and commit those changes before moving on to the next step. This would have caused the file to not show up across all branches, as your diff shows.

The screenshot below shows the U next to the .gitignore, meaning it was not staged and committed.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jesse

Thanks for your reply. I can’t login to app academy right now for some reason, but I don’t remember it ever asking for me to add .gitignore. Maybe I missed that? I don’t think it was explicitly stated. Do I have another chance to submit?
-Matt

Here is a screenshot:

Okay I see that now.