Not passing the Html Assessment

Hey all, I did not initially pass the html assessment due to a number of reasons. I have tried fixing the various problems. I do need some help, I can’t seem to get the pictures to show up in my over all finished web design. I need some help/ pointers, as I don’t have any more leg room for mistakes. Attached is where I am stuck. Please advise, so I may submit it again. Thanks.

What I’ve tried

Screenshots

Hello @KielG! I feel your pain. The HTML assessment was the first one I did and it was a doozy. I would take a look at your div with card container. I am no software engineer, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but looking at my HTML against yours, I can definitely say that you can trim a lot of fat off of you div that starts with class=“card-container.” “Divs” are meant to divide separate elements on your web page. My div for the class=“card” only uses four lines. Then you start a separate div for the picture of the person which I also only used four lines of code for. Then you start another div for the text that you put in the card.

And with your image issue, I’d look at you src attribute and look at the path for your images (both desert and person-avatar). You don’t need to start with a period for one thing. And you shouldn’t need to have an html-css-assessment-2 subdirectory in your avatar src attribute. Both those images should be found in the images directory of your html-css-assessment and since you are working from that folder you shouldn’t need to specify that same folder (html-css-assessment). Also in your desert pathway, notice how you have two sets of " at the beginning of the pathway. The pathway needs to be inbetween those. Whenever the text in VS Code is red, it means you haven’t typed something correctly.

These things should at least start helping you get on the right track. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Raj H.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I apologize for the late response. I appreciate the information. I will look at it again. In the future, may I ask you a few questions?

Best regards,

Kiel G

1 Like

@KielG I’m glad I could help. And like I said I’m just a fellow student like you so my advise is based purely on how I handled the assessment. Granted I passed them with full points so I’m just comparing your results against my scores results and giving you clues to how yours can be closer to what they are looking for.

That being said feel free to DM any time you have a question. If I can help, I definitely will. Keep safe out there.

Raj H.

Sincerely

1 Like

Thank you so much Raj,
I need some pointers before I submit my assessment again. Would you mind taking a look at it? These are the questions I missed,

• has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

• has two ‘input’ fields

• has a ‘form’ element that is 600px when the window is wider than 600px

• has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content ‘Reset’ The only thing I can’t quite figure out is how to

I believe I may have fixed all of the issues except for the 600 px when the window is wider than 600px.

1 Like

Sure. I just saw this. Give me a few hours and I’ll get back to you.

I sent you a message. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hey, friends. :wave:

Let’s be careful with the private messaging. Our admissions team takes these assessments really seriously. And we’ve always got to be careful with how much we (employees) help out during the test taking phases.

It’s certainly okay to help each other out in the public settings, but just be mindful outside of that.

Thanks so much for helping others out, @FullStackJunkie! It’s a great way to grow!

1 Like

@bryanray I do apologize. I guess I could have put it here but I figured it was different if you help someone whose already given it a try as opposed to putting it here and letting those who haven’t done the assessment at all unnecessary help.

But full transparency, I shared a screenshot of a snippet of CSS that I used to keep the form at 600 pixels after the page was greater than 600 pixels and that auto adjusted for pages less than 600 pixels. I do believe there were elements that would have had to be added by the other person in order to make it work fully though.

I’m sorry if I’ve caused any trouble. I was just taught that when you’re learning something that the best way to master it is to teach it to others so that’s why I’ve been super active in the forums. If I need to stop helping out or putting in my two cents, that’s absolutely understandable and I will stop immediately.

Thank you again for pointing this out. I really don’t want to get into any trouble. Have a great rest of your day!

1 Like

No need to apologize! And no trouble at all! It’s just something we have to balance ourselves at a/A as well. You’re doing the Lord’s work, friend! :heart:

1 Like