Module Result clarity, Git assessment

Needing clarity on module results, my score was 3/4 on the git assessment:

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 12.54.51 AM

needing clarity on the git diff, where exactly I went wrong. I have reviewed the instructions from the git diff page and that did not draw clarity for me on specifically how my results are laid out. any help to draw clarity so I can focus on fixing exactly where I went wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, @amberjolie! :wave: 3 out of 4 is a great start!

If you checkout your together branch (git checkout together) and then open up your site.html file. You’ll notice in that file you have a bunch of “brackets” and “equal” signs that look like this:

This is what is known as a merge conflict. And you simply need to resolve that conflict.

You can resolve that conflict by looking at what the assessment tells you the HTML in the together branch should look like. Then making the site.html file look just like the assessment describes. You’ll end up removing all the “brackets” and “equal” signs and have only your img tags.

After that you’ll add your changes to git. And then commit your changes.

Then you should have a passing solution! :tada: :confetti_ball: :partying_face: :raised_hands:

Let me know if you have any more questions!

1 Like

Bryanray,

Just wanted to say your an awesome educator and explanor, your synopsis and examples in guiding me through my multiple questions where awesome and really helpful, just wanted to say thank you!

3 Likes