Mastermind specs

Hi!
I just read the specs for mastermind and noticed a lot of the tests are based on the “suggestions” aspect in the instructions. Does this mean the suggestions are actually the mandatory way to do it? I was hoping they were simply ideas for how to start if you were unsure, but that you could program mastermind any way you wanted to try. If I have mastermind working but the specs fail because I did it my own way, do I need to redo it so the specs pass before submitting?

Thanks!
-Willis

Hi Raynor,

It’s great that you got it to work your way. However, you should refactor it to get the specs to pass. This is both a good exercise, and it’s good preparation for the workflow in the program.

Let me know if you have any questions about refactoring it!

Best,

Matthias

Nah, I got it going with the specs, thanks though! I’m currently on battleship actually and have a question. When we’re submitting our alpha work, are we to submit multiple versions of assignments which have a “basic” and “bonus” way to implement it, like battleship does? Or is the bonus section not submitted/is it just for us to attempt to implement?

Thanks!
-Willis

You should submit at least the basic version. If you’re going to work on the bonus material (and I suggest you do!), you should copy over your work and make a separate version. This isn’t required for submission, but feel free to include it!