Making sure that I have everything installed correctly

HI everyone,
I’m sorry if this is already resolved somewhere but I had some issues setting up with the installation instructions.

I originally noticed an error when running
"~/.dotfiles/bin/install_dotfiles"
the display showed:

Noras-Air:~ David$ ~/.dotfiles/bin/install_dotfiles
(erb):21:in ``’: No such file or directory - npm (Errno::ENOENT)
from (erb):21:in text' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:ineval’
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:in result' from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:43:intext’
from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:74:in compile_diff' from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:47:indiff’
from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:51:in changed?' from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:inselect’
from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:in main' from /Users/David/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:162:in

at this point I followed some instructions on the forum to uninstall node and reinstall after running a few things with brew.

long story short I finally got it to say that the dotfiles were installed successfully,
Is there any way for me to make sure that everything is installed correctly?
I was getting some error about permissions before, I don’t want to mess anything up, is there any way to check that everything is running correctly?

We can double check on of the course David. For now as long as you can run ruby and rspec and get through the Alpha Curriculum that is all that matters. Happy coding!

1 Like