Kevin McCall - App Academy Product Engineer

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kevin.

I grew up in Redding, California and moved to San Diego where I graduated with a degree in International Business. Not knowing exactly what I wanted to do after working in digital marketing for a while, I stumbled upon the coding bootcamp industry. Eager to learn how to code, I applied for App Academy and began the immersive program January, 2016.

Some interesting facts about me are that I started my degree in San Diego as a Jazz Studies major when I was an avid player of the Jazz Trumpet. After switching my major to International Business, I completed a multiple degree program by taking my last year of college at La Universidad De Valparaíso in the country of Chile.

I completed the coding bootcamp last year and then was contracted as a teaching assistant for the following 5 cohorts. Afterwards I was fortunately offered a position as a product engineer here at App Academy and am currently working on the App Academy Online project.

I would like to give a warm welcome to everybody in the alpha curriculum and please feel free to ask me any questions about App Academy or my journey to becoming a web developer.

I look forward to reading all of your introductions.

1 Like