App Academy

Josh - Oct 22 Cohort SF

Hey everyone, my name is Josh and I’ll be moving from SD to SF on Oct 1st to attend the Oct 22 Cohort!

I graduated from UCSD with Communications degree and didn’t have any coding experience prior to prepping for App Academy. I’m super nervous but also super excited! Let’s link up and work on Alpha Course together :grin:

1 Like

Aloha, I’m also in the same class as you. Let’s definitely link up. I heard hanging out with classmates and graduates is the best way to pull through the 3 months and we’ll be studying 12-16 hours a day. I’m Steve, from Hawaii. This will be my 3rd development course I’ll be attending as I heard App Academy is the best (and most challenging)

Steve :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yes let’s definitely link up and study hardcore together!

My Info

https://www.linkedin.com/in/steveninouye/

1 Like

I’m guessing you found a place already? You have any tips? I’m looking to roommate if you know of anyone

1 Like

Added you! and yeah, I already got a place. I suggest you to actively look on Craigslist everyday as much as possible because new listings go up everyday! To find a roommate, I think it’d be best to join FB groups for SF/Bay Area housing!

Thank you

Added you on facebook. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to help. I’m in Hawaii so there’s a 2 or 3 hour difference

For sure. How much of Alpha Course did you finish?

Basically nothing. I looked it over and not worried about it. Once I finish learning React Native I’ll get started. Won’t be that long. Tentatively I’ll start the pre-course Monday

oh wow React Native. Alpha Course should be pretty easy for you after you finish React Native I’m sure! Well, good luck with your journey and see you soon! I’d say let me know if you have any questions going through the Alpha Course but I feel like you’d know more than me haha

LOL I’ve only had about 2 hours with Ruby so I’m sure there is a lot I can learn from you

haha in that case, ask me if you have any questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand:

Hi Josh!
I also graduated from UCSD! with a bio major though.
I will be in same cohort as you.
See you in October!

1 Like

yay looking forward to be coding with a UCSD alumni :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

This is Sai. I graduated in India and came to US in 2011. I will be in the same cohort as you and looking forward to be coding with you!

1 Like

looking forward to meeting/coding with you!:smiley: