App Academy

HTML/CSS so close

Good Morning,

So I submitted my HTML assessment and got 11/12.

The questions you missed were:

• has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

I tried looking at other forums but I can’t spot where my mistake is.

Here is a screenshot:

Hi Ayatt,
Welcome! I’m glad to hear the forum has been useful so far!

I can see why it is difficult to find your error. You have correctly associated your input with the label, but unfortunately you used the wrong value for making that association.

If you look back at the directions, the specifications says:

... has an single-line text input with an id of "name", 
a name of "pet_name", 
and with an associated label that reads "Name".

So you will just need to revise your values in your code to the values you see in the specification above.

You are really close! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Jesse

Thanks for the quick response. I made the changes and re-submitted again and got the same error.

This is my last attempt and I am nervous to resubmit.
Can you tell me if I am missing anything.

Hi Ayatt,

I was able to pull up your recent submission and compare the screenshot above to what we actually received. They don’t exactly match, and that is why the test didn’t pass.

This is the code we received, and this code does not correctly make the association between the label and input:

<div>
        <label for="pet_name">Name</label>
        <input type="text" id="name" name="pet_name">
      </div>

My best guess is that you changed one value, saved the file, and then made a final change and zipped the file without saving your final edit. This would explain a mismatch between the code in your screenshot and the code we received.

Jesse

I had a feeling I forgot to save it, when I got the same error! Yes submitted and it went through correctly!

THANK YOU!!!

You’re welcome!
As soon as I saw your message I had a feeling it was due to something like this!
Jesse