HTML/CSS Assessment missing questions

Hi, everyone

Recently just submitted my assessment for HTML/CSS. A bit disappointed I received a 6/12. Although I wasn’t completely sure if I would get a 100%. I am confused on the questions that I missed. According to the feedback I received it said I missed the following questions below. But when I view my HTML/CSS code and my HTML page I can’t figure out exactly what I did wrong. If anyone can help me out that would be really great. Please, and thank you.

The questions you missed were:

* has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

• has two ‘input’ fields

• has a ‘form’ element that is 600px when the window is wider than 600px

• has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

• has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’

• has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content ‘Reset’

Hi, @evinmcreynolds! Welcome to the community!

Let me try to point you in the right direction with some of these …

has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

Looking at your HTML … you’ll notice that you have no button elements. Which also leads to your next issue …

has two ‘input’ fields

If you look carefully at your HTML … you should note that you have more than two input elements. Hint: This and the previous error are very closely related. :wink:

has a ‘form’ element that is 600px when the window is wider than 600px

Looking at your screenshot you can see that your form goes across the screen horizontally … what you should aim for is your form going vertically. You’re aiming for a form that looks like this:

has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

You’re super close on this. Two tips: Take a look at the extra space character for your name label. And also keep in mind that “casing” matters!

has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’

Pay close attention to the for attribute on your labels. They’re not matching up with their associated form input and select.

has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content ‘Reset’

Again … take note that you currently have no button elements. While they may visually look like buttons on the screen. You’ll need to make sure that they are <button> elements! :wink:

Hope that helps you, friend! Please let us know if there is any other questions!