HTML/CSS assessment misses

Learning Challenge

HTML/CSS

Question

I recently submitted my assessment and received feedback that I missed some of the questions. I am unsure what I got wrong with some of these misses that are listed such as points 2, 3, 4, and 5 as they are in my code. What can I do to correct these misses? I would greatly appreciate any feedback to help resolve these misses.

The questions you missed were:

1 * has a single ‘form’ element

2* has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

3* has one card

4* has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

5* has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’

6* has exactly five ‘options’ elements in the ‘select’ element

What I’ve tried

I thought I had the correct code for the items 2, 3, 4, and 5 listed above (please see screenshots below).

Screenshots

Below are screenshots of my code and also the results.

Hi Blair,
I pulled up your assessment submission, and what you submitted doesn’t match what you’ve posted here, so I’m wondering whether you may have submitted the assessment without saving your most recent changes. For example, the submission included some repeated chunks of code, and did not include any content for the picture card in the html file.

Whatever the cause, since there is a difference between the two, I’ll give feedback on what I see in your screenshots above since they seem to be more complete.

For #2 - the button - There was an error in the version you submitted, which is different than what I see here.

For #3 - the card: I see that you have a div class="card" inside an <image> tag. Take a look back at the examples in the lessons. While you can assign a class to images, you can’t put a div inside an image. Instead, you will need to set up a <div> that encloses everything that should go into the card, and assign the class to that one.

For #4 and #5 - pet name and pet type - Double check the forms lesson. You are incorrectly associating the labels with the inputs. Even small details like capitalization errors, spaces, or minor typos will cause these tests to fail, so check very carefully.

So, overall, after comparing the two, I am also noticing that you have inconsistencies in your file names. The auto-grader will only look at the files with the exact names of index.html and site.css. So make sure that your final code is in those two files, and delete any other extra html or css files from the project that you might have been using for earlier drafts.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Jesse

Ok got it, I will revisit & utilize your feedback. Thank you so much for the feedback Jesse! It is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Blair Wishom

1 Like

Hello,

Here is my corrected code under corrected file save (screenshots 1 & 2). Please let me know if I have properly addressed the incorrect items.

Additionally, I am trying to save the file as a zip and have followed the directions to do so but when I open the index.html from the zipped folder it appears drastically different than when I open open it outside of the zipped folder. Below I have also posted the difference between the two (screenshot 3 unzipped, screenshot 4 zipped).

Hi Blair,

Glad to hear that you were able to address the feedback. Since this is an assessment, unfortunately I cannot check and confirm that everything is correct - it is up to you to decide when it is time for re-submitting.

As for the screenshots - It looks like the content from the zipped file is showing up, without the CSS applied. This may just be related to the zipping and may not be a problem.

I would click on the top icon of the left sidebar in VSCode so you can see your file structure (in the Explorer view). Make sure it matches the image in the assessment directions, and double check that you zipped it at the right level:

Also, since this is a re-submission, just be really careful that you do not accidentally re-submit the original zip file from the first submission again.