HTML / CSS Assessment Buttons

So I’ve completed the assessment and got a few tasks wrong. The first two were:

*** has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’**
*** has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’**

I noticed that the names of the “for=” attributes were slightly different than the “id” attributes so I changed them and hope that fixes those because I don’t know what else it could have been. But with these next two, I have no idea what I did wrong:

*** has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”**
*** has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content ‘Reset’**

They look right to me so I don’t know what I did.

Hey there! I’m working on the assessment myself. I didn’t see in the instructions that is asked we assign a class to the buttons. Maybe that’s why?

Make sure you re-read the directions, and double-check the details. Even a minor thing like added spaces or different capitalization can cause a failed test.

Well, I originally had “Create new pet” as “Create New Pet” and I forgot to put quotes around “submit” the first time for button type. I don’t see what the problem is with the reset button unless it docked me for writing “reset” instead of “Reset”.

I don’t THINK it’s an issue with the classes since they don’t have anything to do with the button structures but then again I don’t know how the algorithm is grading these.

From what it looks like based on your comment it was the capitalization.
when its looking for
*** has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”**
*** has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content ‘Reset’**

If you were to put “Create New Pet” and “reset” it would mark them as wrong due to the capitalization from what I understand.

1 Like

I think kburch is right, that’s the only problem I see and also line 45,make sure that everything is capitalize if need be.

Yep. It was the capitalization issue. Thanks everyone for your help. I passed it yesterday.

1 Like