HTML/CSS Assessment 11/12 Question

Hello! I just took the HTML/CSS assessment and I missed this question:

*has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’

Relevant code submitted below. Thank you in advance for the assistance! I am struggling to figure out where I went wrong.

Hi!

I think they’re actually looking for a “name” attribute of “pet_type” but you currently have it as a “for” attribute in the “select” element

1 Like

Hi Guys, Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve the below? I only have one submission chance left: I will be grateful. Thank you.
The questions you missed were:

* has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 6.19.22 PM

Hi Frank,
This looks really close! To pass the test specs, every detail counts. You need to make sure that you use the same capitalization as what you see the directions (such as capitalizing Name in your label, but you also need to pay attention to capitalization in other areas, even when working with aspects that won’t show up on the screen. Take a look at all of your attributes for your input line, and I think you’ll find a capitalization error.

Hi Jbyers,
Thank you for your guidance. I tried it and made corrections as shown on the attached screenshot and it still bounced back - failed. Now I only have one submission attempt left! Tears
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.45.54 PM|395x100

1 Like

Hi Frank,
So close - looks like one more issue capitalization issue to resolve. On the new screenshot, you corrected the capitalization in the input, but you added a new capital letter in the label. The only capital letter you should have in the entire block is the “N” in “Name” - the text that shows up for the label (shown in white text in VSCode). You have also capitalized the “N” in the for attribute. That one should be lowercase, so that it matches exactly what you see in the id attribute of the input.
Jesse

1 Like

Good morning Jbeyrs, I thank you millions for your guide. I redid it – below
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.36.36 AM

**does it seem perfect now? I am so afraid of using my last submitting chance???%$#"
Do I??

Yes, that definitely fixes the issue I noticed!

That sounds good to hear, I can’t stop saying thank you.
Now do I click and resubmit?
what usually happens on this last chance, if for instance, i didn’t receive your valued guide and submitted wrong?

1 Like

You should be all set if this was the only remaining issue. It’s always best practice to double check the entire project before re-submitting, just in case there is a new typo or something like that.

Once you are confident everything is correct, just re-submit (making sure you submit your most recent version). Just as before, you will receive an email letting you know whether the submission passes all of the tests.

Jesse

1 Like

Hi Jesse,
Thank you! Thank you! :heart_eyes:
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 12.16.44 PM

3 Likes

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware