App Academy

Hi Everyone! Brianna Brown here

Hi! So, I am new to App Academy but I am excited for this opportunity to learn. If you’re reading this, then I’d love for you to get to know me a little better.

One thing that people should know on here about me is that I am very passionate about code. It is my new found love! For me, when I think about becoming a Full Stack Developer, I love the prospect of being able to work from home/remotely which would allow me to work on an easy schedule and avoid California’s terrible traffic!

A little about my history:
In 2010, I completed my AA degree in Business. I then realized that even though Administrative work was fun, I really had a passion for tech. So in 2012, I completed my Bachelor’s in Network Administration. It wasn’t until I finished my A+ certification that I got a Desktop Support job at Kaiser Permanente. I got promoted as Lead after the first 8 months. However, overall, that was an awesome 2-year contract! I learned a great deal.

In 2016, I completed my Master’s degree in Information Assurance and Security. Unfortunately, college doesn’t set you up to be job ready. They give you a foundation and bragging rights, but I never learned anything about penetration testing, code, etc. They did introduce me to SQL Server and I had never been familiarized with any programming languages. The first time I took that class, I was super stressed out and ended up taking the class at a later point in my curriculum. I eventually passed it for my Bachelor’s degree and had to take it again for my Master’s degree. I understood it a lot better the second time.

It is now 2018 and I found that I understand programming and code better than I did 6 years ago. My goal is to be a Front End Developer, and move into achieving Full Stack. I love the idea of building things for the internet!

Thanks for taking the time to read about me. I hope you are successful at achieving your goals!

1 Like

Awesome to hear it! Sending you best of wishes on accomplishing your goal. I’m currently in the full-time class now in San Francisco. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

-Steve

1 Like