Help with form on html/css Assessment 9/12

Hi everyone!

I’m having trouble with the html/css assessment. Honestly I’m surprised I only had hiccups with elements in the form and was hoping a new (or more) fresh set of eyes could point me in the right direction.

When I passed in my first attempt, I received this back:

• has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

• has exactly one input with a name of ‘pet_name’ and an associated label with the content ‘Name’

• has exactly one ‘select’ element with a name of ‘pet_type’ and an associated label with the content ‘Type’

I checked my html and am at a loss for what I might be doing wrong. Any suggestions and/or ideas would be super appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi, Welcome to the community!

I was able to pull up your submission, and I think I know what happened.

The image you posted doesn’t match the code in the submission. I am guessing that you made some last minute changes, and either saved the changes but did not commit them…or committed before saving the last edits. So your submission likely didn’t include your most recent edits.

Your code above looks much better than what was submitted for the two inputs. For the submit button, double check the format. It looks like you may have hit enter in the middle of the code for the button - make sure you keep the Create new pet all on one line.

When you’re done, make sure you’ve saved all of the files before committing the changes. Hope this helps!
Jesse

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much!

I don’t know how I managed to do that to the button (and not notice it) but I’m very grateful for your fast reply and insight.

1 Like