App Academy

Hello, I'm Larissa. [July SF cohort]

Hello all!

I’m starting at App Academy shortly, wanted to introduce myself here before it all ~officially~ begins!

I’m Larissa. I went to USC’s film school, worked as an audio engineer / acoustician / re-recording mixer, worked as a VO producer for videogames, then worked as a content marketing manager for a startup. It’s easy to have an existential crisis when you write clickbait for a living. Plus, I missed the constant tech troubleshooting that’s a big part of audio engineering.

I heard about App Academy in my sophomore year at SC. I wanted to switch to being a CS major, but my scholarship wouldn’t transfer if I did. Golden handcuffs! So, tried to follow the most tech-y entertainment classes I could find.

For the past few months I’ve been renovating a house by myself. At first, I didn’t know how to tile a bathroom floor, hang a door, cut crown molding, rewire a lightswitch, take out knob-and-tube wiring, or re-drywall an entire room, but now I do. I used a lot of Youtube video tutorials and swore a lot, but I did end up learning!

Please send me pictures of your cats. :scream_cat:

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

3 Likes

“it’s easy to have an existential crisis when you write clickbait for a living” == most entertaining intro yet. thanks for the laugh, and see you on monday (whoa!).