Git assessment results confused

I am back again and turned in my git assessment and missed one. I don’t understand the result from the email. I tried reading up on it but I am still confused.

Here is what they sent me:
— a/site.html
+++ b/site.html
@@ -8,10 +8,13@@

+<<<<<<<HEAD

+========
+>>>>>>>> pictures

If anybody knows what this means I would be highly appreciative.

1 Like

Hi, @bvfleming! Welcome back!

You’re super close! In your together branch, you just need to go back and resolve the merge conflict. The code in your site.html file looks like this …

Notice those <<<<<, ======, and >>>>>> arrows all over the place. That is gits way of telling you, “You asked me to merge two branches, but I have no idea what to do with these chunks of code.” aka. a “merge conflict”

The answer is to simply go in and remove all the funky arrows and then make the img tags are ordered just as the assessment describes. Like so:

After you have made all your img elements look correct. You should add and commit your changes into git. And then you’ll be good to go for submission!

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

omg thank you soooo much! I went back in my file and looked at it and so the exact same thing but was not sure how much would I have to go back and change. Again thank you so much.

1 Like