Learning Challenge

Git Assessment

Question

Does it mean that i simply didn’t remove
Img src="images/drawings/lands-end.jpg
from site.html???

AND

For Img src=“images/drawings/joseph-roulin.jpg”
is this just a spacing issue due to lands-end.jpg not being removed?

What I’ve tried

I already lost a point to an error with the upload. I really don’t want to lose another one for something silly
Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me? PLEASE SEE IMAGE BELOW

Screenshots

Hi!
You are correct that your errors are related to missing the merge conflict. It is also possible that you resolved the conflict, but did not commit the changes after resolving it.

When I opened your submission, I can see that your file in both the master and together branch show the conflict, and show the current change and incoming change. You will need to either accept the change using the options that VS code gives you (accept current change, etc), or you can manually make the change within the file to match what the branch should look like. If you take the manual approach, you would need to delete the HEAD line and the lines with === and >>>>, and then manually add/delete/rearrange the images to where they need to be.

Make sure you commit all changes to the correct branch, and you should be all set to re-submit.
Jesse

Hi so

Does it mean that i simply didn’t remove
Img src="images/drawings/lands-end.jpg
from site.html???

AND

For Img src=“images/drawings/joseph-roulin.jpg”
is this just a spacing issue due to lands-end.jpg not being removed?

Ya you are looking at the first submit but like i said that was an error on visual code’s part as it did not show the merge conflict. my question above is for the git Diff

I was looking at your most recent submission, which still included the merge conflict on the two branches. The assessment is designed so that you should get a merge conflict, but you need to resolve it before submitting.

Take a look at the screenshots in the assessment prompt, and just manually move the images until they match the screenshots for both branches. I’m not sure what you mean about VSCode’s error, but if you take the steps I recommended above, and then double-check each branch visually that they match the screenshots, you should be all set to resubmit.
Jesse

ADVICE TO ANYONE DOING THE GIT ASSESSMENT!!!

1. SAVE AFTER YOU FIX THE SITE.HTML!!
    (that’s what got me)

2. WRITE OUT ALL YOUR STEPS SO YOU DON’T MIS-SPELL ANYTHING // USE GIT STATUS
    AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE.
    (you can misclick 1 letter)

3. TURN OFF THE AUTOFORMAT
    (that they tell you to in the intro)

4. IF FOR ANY REASON SOMETHING DOESN’T DO WHAT YOU EXPECT DELETE THE GIT REPO FILE and CLOSE FOLDER IN VISUAL CODE. (better to be safe than lose a point over some random issue, find out why it happened before moving on)

5. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE SURE SEE IF YOU CAN DUPLICATE THE RESULTS.

If you understand what to do in git that is all that can really get you. GOOD LUCK!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these tips!