Git assessment 0/4

Hi all,
I received my git assessment back and got 0/4. I practiced the whole assessment multiple times and was fairly confident in all of the tasks. Here is the message I received- I’m assuming it has something to do with my .gitignore file - I had 2 lines in VSC so I know it wasn’t that. Any insights? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 9.27.48 PM

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 9.27.29 PM

Hi, @andydanielson! I took a peek at your solution and it appears that you simply forgot to commit your changes to your .gitconfig file. It is not ignoring the .DS_Store files.

After committing that change you should be all set! :heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the response. So, I should commit all changes to the git-config file rather than the individual folders/files that I made changes to?

I’m not quite sure I understand that question?

If you go in to your git-repo-management folder and type git status, it should show you that you have a change that you haven’t committed on your .gitignore file. You’ll simply need to commit that.

I followed your instructions- went to git-repo, typed git status, and added and committed the .gitignore file. Submitted and received 1/4.

After you “added” the file, did you “commit” it as well? I’m still seeing the .gitignore file as uncommitted.

I sure did. Added then committed. Had a message in git “working tree clean”

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 9.11.08 AM

You may want to make sure you delete all the .zip files for this assessment? And ensure you zip up the latest version of your assessment?

In your latest submission, I don’t see that commit for .gitignore commit; which means you may have somehow submitted the previous assessment, maybe?

I deleted the zip file, made the commit to .gitignore, received the screenshot above, zipped the file and submitted.