App Academy

Failed HTML/CSS Assessment

Hello everyone. Please help me. Just got results of my HTML/CSS assessment. I got 9 / 12. This is the email I got:

The questions you missed were:

• has a ‘button’ element which contains the exact text “Create new pet”

• has two ‘input’ fields

• has exactly one reset ‘button’ elements that has the content 'Reset

I am so confused right now. Didn’t my codes contain a “create new pet” and “reset” button? And why are there supposed to be two “input” fields? How can you only have two input fields? I am so frustrated right now I already used one attempt I don’t to fail out of App Academy…

Hi Huan, and welcome to the community!

Although your email said that you missed three questions, there is really just one underlying issue that you need to fix. All three of these tests failed because you used a different HTML element for the reset button and create new pet button than what was specified in the directions.

Take a look at the directions again, and you will likely be able to spot the errors:

... has a button that reads "Create new pet" with type "submit" and id "new-pet-submit-button"
... has a button reads "Reset" with type "reset"

Jesse

Dear Jesse,

Thank you for the reply! I just searched up and found that there are two ways to create a button: and . Do you think I should change the code

into

Create new pet
Reset

?That’s the only solution I can think of. I don’t want to fail two times in a row so please give me some feedback? Thank you so much I appreciate it!

Emmm for some reason it doesn’t display my code. What I mean is replacing the last two input tags into button tags. Is that correct Jesse?

Like this?

I believe you are on the right track, but just make sure you do a final double-check of everything before you re-zip and re-submit.

1 Like