-F code not working?

Currently in the Moving Around Directories module and it’s telling me to flag files using the code -F, only when I do Powershell says it doesn’t exist?

Here’s my error code:
Get-ChildItem : Parameter cannot be processed because the parameter name ‘F’ is ambiguous. Possible matches
include: -Filter -Force.
At line:1 char:4

• LS -F
  • ~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:slight_smile: [Get-ChildItem], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameter,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

The rest of the module is dependent on me flagging files so until I get this fixed I can’t continue the module. Please help, thanks!

Good morning!
It looks like you may have used all caps for the command. Try again with lowercase ls and uppercase for the flag -F. All together, it should look like this:

ls -F

It is a safe assumption that case matters in all of your commands, etc as you work your way through the modules, and it’s always a good detail to check as soon as you start debugging if something isn’t working.

1 Like

Sadly, PowerShell does not have support for the -F option; so you may be at an impasse.

There are two options you can try …

1. Use the “Git Bash” Terminal instead of PowerShell
  2. Use the Windows Subsystem for Linux; which will have the Linux version of the ls command for you to continue.
1 Like