Error installing dotfiles

Hey Kevin,

Sorry I know you’ve gone over this question a million times, I tried to move the bashrc and bashprofile into the root folder and struck out when trying to rename the files I was hoping we could set up a google hangout to resolve this so I can get started on the curriculum. Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Nixon Yiu

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 5.03.34 PM

I’m available now if that works. I sent you a message on Google Hangouts.

Hey Kevin, I seem to be having the same problem as Nixon. Let me know if you have any advice/availability to speak about it.

Best,
Jake

Hey Jake

So what I had do was download the zip file off github and then copy the bashrc and bashprof to my root folder and used mv to rename the files.

Not sure if I’m able to handle this problem without some more guidance, any chance you have time to walk me through this over the phone/hangouts?

Best,
Jake

Sure thing Jacob are you available this morning?

Hi Kevin, I seem to be having this issue as well, let me know your availability!

I could help you right now if you would like or around 7pm tonight. Please make sure you have read the other installation issue topics on the forum. The most common problem has been copying and renaming the .bashrc and .bash_profile files.

What’s best to reach you? That is a secondary problem that I can look into on my own later. I had another road block that I think is not in my control.

I sent you a message on Google Hangouts.