Error installing configuration files

I am unable to install the configuration files. This is my first time using a mac, but I’ve worked my way through the answers to others who have posted the same error, and I haven’t gotten anywhere with it yet.

I copied the bash_profile and bashrc files from the repo to my root directory and renamed them to begin with a .. I restarted terminal and re-ran all the setups, but am still getting the same error.

What can I do about this?

Thank you in advance!

(erb):21:in ``': No such file or directory - npm (Errno::ENOENT)
	from (erb):21:in `text'
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:in `eval'
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/erb.rb:849:in `result'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:43:in `text'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:74:in `compile_diff'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:47:in `diff'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:51:in `changed?'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:in `select'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:121:in `main'
	from /Users/drstonebraker/.dotfiles/bin/.install_dotfiles.rb:162:in `<main>'

Hi!

When are you getting this error message? After what command?

Hey, I know you said that you’ve already worked through the answers of others, but just incase you missed this one: (dotfiles error) : (erb):32: command not found: npm get prefix This has worked for myself as well as a few other people. Good luck!

ty so much corey! I did not see that one, since my error is actually different. But I followed the steps and they worked!

1 Like