CSS help with transitions and general cleanup

Hi everyone!

I feel like I’m close to finishing HTML/CSS and I just have a couple of questions.

1. I’m not sure that I’ve completed all of this “When a person moves their pointer over a picture card, then the card gets a shadow of rgba(0, 0, 0, .3) with a 0px horizontal offset, 2px vertical offset, and a blur radius of 4px.” —I’m not sure hot to set the blur radius and I’m not postive that my horizontal and vertical offset is correct.

2. Am I overcomplicating my CSS by adding each individual element separately? (h3, .bodytext, .secondary, etc)?

Can someone please help? I want to make sure I don’t fail it :slight_smile: Thank you in advance!

1 Like
  1. There is a clue in the sentence: “…pointer over a picture card,…” meaning that the box-shadow will be set when the person hovers over the card. For more info on blur radius of box-shadows, check out https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_box-shadow.asp. When in doubt about css attributes, a quick google search will be your best friend. Also if you have the html file for this, opening it up on your browser is a great way to test your css out.

2. You’re fine having each element separate. Elements are usually grouped when the share the same attributes to reduce redundancy. In your css above, if you know .secondary and .bodytext will have the same color and you won’t be changing it, you can combine elements and give them the attribute of color.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Rafi,

Thanks so much for replying! The link that you provided did help me with the proper syntax for blur! I submitted my completed project…wish me luck!

2 Likes

Checked in on the results and it looks like you passed with flying colors, @dziegler! Congrats. :tada:

Also, thanks to @Rafi for the assist! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @bryanray I did! And thanks @Rafi for the help…having this forum has been excellent! I hope I’ve been able to help some people also. I’ll keep an eye on the forum to see if I can give any advice. See you all in the cohort soon!

2 Likes