App Academy

Changing Career Goals! Thought Full-Stack Web Developer Was a Good Choice

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rajiv, but everyone calls me Raj. I’m a mixed mut of heritages. My mom is from India but immigrated here in 1966. She married my Caucasian Bohemian dad who as from Pocahontas, Iowa in 1976 and three years later, there I was. I was born and raised in Nashville, TN. I’m currently living in Clearwater, FL with my girlfriend.

I am a year and half clean from a 20 year long drug and alcohol addiction that took me all over the world having the craziest experiences and meeting the craziest and most interesting people, but ultimately leaving me empty, dejected and wishing for something more fulfilling and lasting in life. After I got clean a year and half ago, I’ve been struggling with what to do with my life. Ultimately I want become my own boss but in the meantime, I’ve had a hard time picking a path. I went to Med School and quit in my third year in my 20s. I finished Culinary School at Le Cordon Bleu before realizing I only loved food and preparing it when it was for my friends and loved ones and not as a job. I finished 40 plus hours training to become a helicopter pilot, but my drug and alcohol addiction kept me from finishing that path. I finally managed to get some sobriety in the middle of that 20 years and got my undergraduate degree in e Marketing. I also have two years towards my Masters in Entrepreneurship before I realized I was wasting my time and dropped out of that graduate program. When I finally got clean in November of 2018, it took me this long to figure I’d love to have full-stack coding as a skill because I believe if you have a skillset in IT you’ll have job security for life, because IT has solidified itself as a everyday part of our society now and going forward.

I also day trade on the Forex, Stock Market and Crypto Market on the side. I look forward to meeting and working with each and everyone of you. I know I have a lot I can learn from all of you and I really look forward to it. Take care and be safe and I will see you in the forums/class.

Sincerely,
Raj H.

1 Like