Can't find the prep-work folder I created

Hi All, I am stuck in the part where I am creating my first directory.
So I am in Ubuntu , i Typed CD to automatically be taken back home
I did mkdir prep-work
then I did explorer.exe to find it.

I restarted ubuntu and my windows 10 pc and I still cannot see it.
When i search for the folder using windows finder I find it in this location c:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgc\ etc…
any help with this would be appreciated please =).

Thank you so much.

I did mkdir prep-work
then I did explorer.exe to find it.

This is a bit confusing. I think we’ll need to identify how you are running Ubuntu first. If you created a directory in Ubuntu. You probably won’t be using explorer.exe (I Windows application) to view the directory.

If you are in Ubuntu using a virtual machine, then when you create your directory. The prep-work folder that you created should be at your “home” directory. If you just do:

cd ~
ls

then you should see your list of directories and files in your home directory.

If you are running a Virtual Machine using something like VirtualBox or VMWare, then you will see no sign of that folder by searching in Windows.

Hope that helps. :pray:

Hi, I simply followed the instructions on app academy. I went to the Windows store and installed the Ubuntu application on my windows 10 operating system.

I found everything I am working on in this directory
c:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndg\LocalState\rootfs\home\mypcname\

Not sure why it is in such a deep directory I would of loved to just search for explorer.exe on ubuntu and see it there like the class suggested I do.

Any ideas of what I should do in this case?
Thank you so much for replying =).