Cannot git clone or open repo: number in words

Hi,

I’m having trouble git cloning and opening the repo, Number in Words, in bitbucket. I receive the following error.

Cloning into ‘341a4778-georgevuong18-numbers-in-words’…
fatal: unable to access ‘https://gevuong@bitbucket.org/appacademy-online/341a4778-georgevuong18-numbers-in-words.git/’: The requested URL returned error: 500

I get a “Something Went Wrong” message when attempting to open the repo. Do you know why this is happening?

George

Hi George,

I know there are a lot of questions being posted in the help/questions category but make sure to peruse or search for your topic before posting.

It turns out the same thing happened to a fellow student. This error occurs on the BitBucket side so Mendel reached out to their support and they were able to fix his repo. See if you can’t do the same and let me know if they don’t get back to you in a timely manner.

I am going to give BitBucket another chance since hundreds of repos have been made without any issue, but if this error keeps happening we will look into a workaround for students to be able to re-fork their repos.

Thanks again for bringing the error to our attention.

Thanks Kevin. I emailed bitbucket support and the problem has been resolved.