Boolean Algebra Assessment Questions

Hello! So I did all of the practice modules and got it all figured out and honestly I was feeling really confident about this assessment until I got there and I feel like I’m not understanding the questions or something?

For the truth table above where the wx input is down and the y input is across, which one of these is a simplified expression?

The table shown is not a truth table, its a Kmap. I have tried to work this out several times but my answer is not matching up. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Also for this question: If w is TRUE, x is TRUE, and y is FALSE, what is [((w OR x) AND (x AND y')) OR ((w OR x) AND (w' or y'))] AND ((x AND y') AND (w' or y'))' ?

Could someone explain this question to me, I’m not sure if I’m just having Monday brain or what but I wrote it out and I’m still not understanding how to know if it’s true or false.

Thank you!

Hello!
These questions definitely require really careful attention to detail. Here are a few tips for figuring that out.

1. Try to include your work so other students can see where you might have gotten stuck. It’s probably a small detail, and getting a second pair of eyes on it can really help!

2. For the first question, it is in fact a truth table. Your first step will be to construct a K-map, with proper formatting, to represent the data in the given truth table.

3. For the second question, it’s all about taking it one step at a time and really paying attention to the order of operations. Re-write the problem, with the values, each time you simplify a single component. This is where getting extra eyes n the work will really help to find the bug.

Good luck!
Jesse

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, I ended up just sleeping on it and it made way more sense the next day, and I’m happy to say I passed! Thanks for your advice!

1 Like